Petrol Ofisi started its operations in 1941 in Ankara as a public enterprise with a team of nine people to purchase and import petroleum and petroleum products to address the needs of the public and private sector as well as of final consumers, to create stocks that would cover the entire country, and to do its marketing. Its symbol is a female wolf blasting flame from her mouth and has its origins in the female wolf Asena, one of the main figures in the Turkish mythology.
With a turnover of 38.5 billion TL, Petrol Ofisi is Turkey's third largest company.
Petrol Ofisi became a joint stock company in 1983 and was privatized in 2000. Today, it is Turkey's leading fuel, LPG distribution and lubes and chemicals company with approximately 1,700 gas stations, 1 mineral oil factory, 9 fuel terminals, 3 LPG terminals, 20 airport supply units, and approximately 1 million cubic meters of storage capacity.
According to the 2017 data from Capital 500, Petrol Ofisi is Turkey's third largest company with a turnover of 38.5 billion TL.